Tuesday, March 23, 2010

introducing albus a.k.a. señor fluff a.k.a the dood

oh the first of many, many posts about my doggle, albus. really, the best introduction is through pictures:

4 month old fuzz face



6 month old autumn beauty



1 year after his first hair cut

i gave albus his first hair cut using just a pair of scissors. it took hours! but i think he turned out pretty good looking. i did this in july, so by march the next year, his hair was beautiful and so long and wavy. i just loved it.


looking like quite the gentleman wizard, if i say so myself. 

but once it hit 70*, albus just seemed so uncomfortable, panting all day and sleeping on top of the AC vent. so it was time for a change. i decided to go for shorter than last year so he wouldn't be hot in september and october like he was last year. besides, i wanted to go for something a little more fun:


mohawk time! 

i went for 1/2" all over except his face which i tried to thin rather than shorten. i trimmed the beard a little and ran the clippers through his tail a few times just to clean it up a bit. he seems much happier and we are getting some awesome looks at the dog park.

i'll probably clip the mohawk off in a week or so when it gets too long to stand up, but it's fun for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I love the look of your sweet dog here. I have cats but one day would love a dog as well. I am so glad you have been enjoying my blog. You wanted to know more about batch 1 - 89? Well it was obsession from the start. Well, I came across the idea of hand made soap in a book one late night and the next day I was on Amazon looking up soap making books. It felt so urgent for me that I paid more for the shipping than the book itself!! Then hunting down ingredients.... all of my fist batches were with just olive oil, lye and water or goat's milk, so basically there was no lather! Until I found Coconut oil. I live in a tiny fishing village in southern spain, and while olive oil is abundant, and maybe beeswax, i cannot get much else there. So I import from England. I remember the first batch with Coconut oil, I was ecstatic with the beautiful lather. Then I struggle with the Palm Oil issue... do I really want to contribute to the environmental issues around Palm Oil? So I have been trying to develop good recipes without. If you want to hear more details about my other batches, I suppose I could list all their names and you could tell me which interest you. So far, I am sticking to ALL natural. No fragrance, no synthetic colours.... but it is limiting and more expensive. How do you feel about the ALL natural issue? Tell me about your first 10 batches! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete

if you have any suggestions or comments, i'd love to hear them. i do search engine optimization as part of my job, so don't think you can put one past me though if you do the same.